Final Draft
Have you ever imagine that a file or document could travel around the world? Just think about the past and what could our grandparents think about it, they simply say “it is not possible”. Nowadays people who do not know how it works a computer do not know anything, this is not just for fun but also because it is a necessary knowledge for getting a job or for something really useful. Hence I called myself as an electronic literate because I know all the indispensable things to handle with this necessity.
Have you ever imagine that a file or document could travel around the world? Just think about the past and what could our grandparents think about it, they simply say “it is not possible”. Nowadays people who do not know how it works a computer do not know anything, this is not just for fun but also because it is a necessary knowledge for getting a job or for something really useful. Hence I called myself as an electronic literate because I know all the indispensable things to handle with this necessity.
Not because technology is new it means that is easy to handle. I remember that when I was younger only the wealthy people had the access to the computers, hence for me it was too difficult learn how to use a computer. Then on the junior High school I earned a scholarship for being in a course of English and Computation and since then my electronic literacy grown up, and that was because besides of my school classes I was getting extra knowledge that in that moment was crucial for me because not all the young people know the real usage of this machine.
The computer could be very helpful even when is a big distracting also. Believe it or not this machine was very helpful in my English Language acquisition, and that is why I know too much about the language. When I was in High school my English subjects were not pretty good and most because of my teachers that did not help me the right way to structure, read, write, listen and speck in the right way. Hence I have to appeal to other things to learn better the English language, and the only closer thing was the computer. Then I started to use websites and cd programs to improve my English skills and comprehend how this language works.
Nowadays the computer and the internet make an important role on teaching. The computer not only works to learn History, Chemistry or even Math, but why English is even more important that those subjects? It is because internet has a full list of websites in English Language; hence people who want to know something have to know English because most of the interesting WebPages are in this language. On the other hand it also exist websites where you can learn the language in different ways even it have online teachers that guide you, they also have practice pages and listening assignments that are very helpful on the English acquisition.
As a conclusion, the electronic literacy is not a problem for me for all the things that I can handle with all my acquired knowledge. Not only can the school classes help you to improve you electronic skills, if you go and search new things on the web that can be helpful for learn and then teach a new language as English.
Hi Mona!
ResponderEliminarI think you did a great job, I like your essay.
I only have some comments:
There are some punctuations mistakes in your essay.
1st paragraph
You wrote “how it works a computer” I think sound better if you wrote “how a computer works”, and you wrote “but also because” I think you can omit because.
2nd paragraph
In the sentence “Not because technology is new it means that is easy to handle.” You omitted “it”, and I am not sure it is correct to use “grown up” in this context.
3rd paragraph
You should use “can” instead of “could”. You wrote “speck” instead of “speak”, and “I have (had)…” you wrote the verb in present.
5th paragraph
I think you forgot the “r”, “you (r)”, and in the sentence “helpful for learn” you can use “to” instead of “of”.